Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Entec International Ltd
Unit C3 Coombswood Way
Data protection officer: N/A
Entec International Ltd (“Entec” or “Organisation”) is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses the personal data, this policy gives information which should be read in addition to the information given in the main privacy notice on the web site. It explains:
- what information we collect during our application and recruitment
- process and why we collect it;
- how we use that information;
- how to access the data and your rights;
- how long do we keep your details.
Questions about this policy, or requests for further information, should be directed to email@example.com.
“Personal data” is any information that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information. Processing is any use that is made of data, including collecting, storing, amending, disclosing or destroying it.
Types of information we collect
This policy covers the information you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by us, during the application or recruitment process including:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education or other information you provide to us in support of an application;
- information from interviews and phone-screenings if you have;
- details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable) , including information provided by third parties;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to Entec and/or any previous employment history with us, where those records have been retained.
How we use information we collect and for what purpose
Your information will be used for recruitment process which includes:
- assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable);
- communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Entec;
- creating and/or submitting reports as required under any laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- where it is deemed appropriate and at our discretion assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- making improvements to our application and/or recruitment process including training, improving diversity in recruitment practices;
- complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable requests.
If you are offered and accept employment with Entec, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record and may be used for purposes associated with, and ancillary, to your employment.
Who may have access to your personal data?
- Your data may be shared within the Entec Global Group, our affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures in the UK and in other jurisdictions.
- We may also use service providers acting on our behalf to perform some of the services described above including for the purposes of the verification / background checks. These service providers may be located outside the country in which you live or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
- We may sometimes be required to disclose your information to third parties such as, local authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal processes,
- We will also share your personal information with third parties if we have your consent, or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Entec, our customers, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
- It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to us. Where that consent has not been obtained, the personal data concerning the referee cannot be processed and the information provided will not be considered.
- Your information may be stored and processed outside the UK and European Union. Entec, remains responsible for any of your personal information that is shared with third parties for external processing on our behalf, as described above. Please visit the data protection policy webpage for full details of the security and safeguards and also have regard to the information on the page created to explain privacy rights to employees.
How to access and obtain, or rectify and/or erase your data, restrict or object to a further processing of your data
Where you wish to correct an error, remind yourself of the details of your application, or seek to erase some or all of the details of your application you should contact the Data Protection Officer at the address set out on the main data privacy notice page. Please note, there are some occasions where we are obliged, by law, to retain personal data.
What we don’t and won’t ever do
We don’t, and never will sell or rent your information to any third party.
Updates to this policy